Once you fill your closet with the essential basics, you can create a multitude of looks. From casual to dressy, these wardrobe basics are a must. This would also make a great packing checklist for any trip.
1. The chambray blouse. This piece is a current favorite of mine. Paired with colored denim, and shorts in warmer weather. This staple is at the top of my list.
2. Black Leggings. This is not an item you need to splurge on. I got a great pair at Target. Although, I do recommend looking for a pair that do not have a sheen to them, and that have a little support built in (I’m just sayin’).
3. The White Tee- A basic layering piece. I would actually recommend getting a nice white tunic like this one. Wear it underneath the chambray top and paired with the leggings et voila! Instant outfit!
4. Skinny Jeans- This is an investment piece. The right skinny jean can make you look like a million bucks. I strongly suggest trying many different brands on until you find the one that works for you.
5. Riding Boots- A classic leather riding boot can go a long way from fall to spring. Riding boots can be paired with skinny jeans, leggings, and dresses. My fave!
6. The Little Black Dress- I hate to sound cliche, but this really is a must for every closet.
7. Black Heels- While we are on the subject of a dressy must have. The black heel is an item that needs to be updated frequently. I would suggest investing in a pair with a chic pointed toe. I’ve got my eye on these .
8. The Perfect Tote- I often spend the bulk of my budget on the accessories. Shoes and bags see the most action in my closet. The perfect tote in a basic black or brown is a good item to splurge on. This one is my top pick.
9. Colorful Scarf- I should say the statement scarf. With all of the basic pieces in your closet, a colorful scarf can be thrown on with any outfit combo. A nice light weight scarf can be worn in the fall, winter, and spring.
10. Skinny Belts- Target is a great resource for belts. Wearing a belt at the waistline always accentuates the smallest part of your body. Again, pair this with the chambray top over the LBD and look at you! Out the door you go!