I have this theory that if I put my makeup bag in my checked luggage it will get lost. Because my makeup bag is the one thing that I don’t think I can replace. There are so many items that I have collected over the years that I surely would not remember if something (knock on wood) happened. Here are a few of my favorite things that I don’t think I could live without.
1: Amber Sun Norvell sunless tanner – I am a very pale person, but I don’t have snow white skin so it’s not a pretty pale. This self tanner is so foolproof that anyone can do it. I put it on at night or even wear it under makeup for an extra glow.
2: Dior Capture Totale One Essential – Everyone in their 30’s is worried about their skin and wrinkles, especially me. I started using this and it totally evens out my skin and gives it an amazing feel! Yes, it’s expensive, but definitely worth it!
3. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – I don’t like to wear thick foundations and I find that this tinted moisturizer with a hint of sheen is great for my face. I layer it with a translucent powder and it makes it look more finished for evenings.
4. Amazing Concealer – This is my #1 must have! It is the perfect concealer, thick enough to cover, but it’s not cakey. They have a range of shades so you can find your perfect match (I am fair in the winter and depending on my tan, fair golden in the summer.)
5. Mally Volumizing Mascara – My mother-in-law is a QVC and HSN junkie. I tend to reap the benefits of her castoffs. Some are great, and some are not so great. This was one that she raved about and so I had to try it. Well she was right, it is fab! I have long eyelashes, which can be hard to control. This uses enough mascara on the wand to keep them in check. Thickens without getting clumpy.
6. Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil Moisturizer – I got this as a sample and I was very skeptical about it. It seemed odd to use an oilless oil, so it stayed in the drawer for a while. I finally pulled it out and I am so glad I did. It feels amazing on my skin, absorbs quickly without an oily finish and makes my skin look wonderful! Within the first 3 days I saw a difference in how my skin looked. I’m hooked!
7. Nyx Lip Liner in Nude Pink – Dark lipsticks are not something that I am comfortable in. As much as Blaire tells me that I need more color, I always go for a nude lip. This lip liner is CHEAP and I love it! It goes with every color (yes, even the darker ones that I “try” to wear) and if you loose it it will only cost you about $4 to replace. You can’t beat that!
8. Bobbi Brown Basic Brush Collection – These were a gift from my hubby who thought that our 2nd anniversary was wood and that he was being creative. To his surprise it’s cotton, but I got these incredible brushes to make me look pretty!
9 . Dior Snow White Reveal Illuminating Eye Treatment – Again, I don’t want to look old and with a one-year-old that hates to sleep through the night I look tired most of the time. This really helps me look refreshed and rested, even when that isn’t the case.
10. Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads – Bliss products are something that I have used for years and even if I change to something else I always go back. I have combination skin so I never know what my face is going to be like. These toner pads get all the leftover makeup that is still there once you wash your face. Yes, I have a Clairisonic, but there is always something left over. Also, they don’t dry-out my skin if I can’t put moisturizer on right away. I always feel squeaky clean after I use them.
Go check out Carly’s blog because everybody needs a little fun on a Monday!