Whitney and I were super excited to find out that we were nominated for a Liebster award by the fabulous Tori over at Wear Wag Repeat. The Liebster award is given from bloggers to fairly new bloggers that are up and coming and trying to get their name out in the blogosphere. Needless to say we were very surprised and deeply grateful, so thanks Tori!
In order to accept this honor and to pass it on to other deserving bloggers, there are some rules. Don’t worry they are fun rules.
Here are the Liebster Rules:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions posed by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each blogger’s site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to her blog.
So without further ado, here are the 11 Facts about Whitney and I.
1. Whitney is a southern transplant. She was born in California, but her mama is from Arkansas, so she’s grandfathered in.
2. Blaire has lived in Georgia all of her life. Born and raised in Columbus, GA. She graduated from the University of Georgia, and resides in a suburb of Atlanta.
3. Whitney and Whitney’s husband both went to the University of Georgia, but 8 years apart. Coincidentally, Whitney was a little sister for his fraternity.
4. Blaire is a beauty product junkie. If there is a free sample involved, she’s on it.
5. Whitney’s mama is a hairdresser, so she has never had to pay to get her hair done.
6. Blaire has three kids a husband, and two dogs who she absolutely adores.
7. Whitney has a husband, a one year old little boy and a huge dog named Winston.
8. Blaire loves anything Red Velvet related. Cake, Cupcakes, ice cream (yes, Ben and Jerry’s has a red velvet cake flavor). It’s a problem, really.
9.Whitney used to live at Lake Tahoe, before moving to Georgia at age 8. She started skiing at 3 years old.
10. Whitney actually grew up in the same neighborhood as Blaire’s husband, and has remained family friends. It was sheer coincidence that Whitney ended up marrying Blaire’s neighbor and living across the street.
11. Whitney and Blaire were extras in the movie Parental Guidance. It was an awesome experience. You can really see Whitney in one part!
Questions from Tori:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? B: Blogging gives me an opportunity to focus on something other than my family, not there is anything wrong with focusing on your family. I just needed something other that laundry, dishes, cook, repeat. This blog allows me to do that. W: It has brought our friendship together even more and it’s great to have someone to work with on something that you love.
- If you could have any career, what would it be? B: Definitely something in the fashion industry, probably a buyer for a fabulous department store. W: A Music Supervisor (they choose the songs for TV shows and Movies) or a Professional Skier – yeah I’m pretty out there.
- What is your favorite DIY project you’ve ever done? B: I have a sewing machine and I made a lot of the drapes in my house. W: Not so much into DIY.
- What is your go-to comfort food? B&W: Mac n’ Cheese!!! (Have you tried the Trader Joe’s with Gouda?)
- Favorite TV show? B & W: Downtown Abbey
- Cats or Dogs? B&W: Dogs!!!! Hands down! Whit just dropped a butt load having her dog’s knee replaced, so she wins dog owner of the year.
- What do you order at a coffee shop? B: Pumpkin Spice Latte (When in season) otherwise I make my own. Those precious pennies get spent on shoes! W: Peppermint tea (I don’t drink coffee)
- Do you prefer a vacation to the snow or the sand? B: Sand W: Snow
- What is the last book you read? B: The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian: heartbreaking. W: Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- What is your favorite clothing store? B &W: A local Boutique called Fabrik. We know the owner, so walking in is like walking into a neighbors house…with great style.
- Did you have any good dreams last night? B: I can’t remember! W: Dreamed I was pregnant again!!!!
We would like to nominate:
Okay so here is the problem. We’ve spent days trying to find someone to nominate, but all of you guys are light years ahead of us and all have like a trillion followers already, AND have already been nominated. We decided to take this opportunity to thank a couple of girls that have helped us out. If you are a new blog, please comment below and we would love to pay you a visit and nominate you. We will also add you below, once we nominate you.
1.Wear Wag Repeat: Tori you are so sweet and really made us feel at home here in blogland. Thank you!
2. Walking In Memphis In High Heels: We reached out to Laura, and she was so sweet to give us feedback and some great advice. Thanks Laura!
3. Rachel at Garay’s Treasures Blog
1. What have
you found most rewarding about blogging so far?
If you could take a trip anywhere, all expenses
paid, where would you go?
How did you meet your significant other? 4.
What is your favorite movie?
If you had a million dollars to give away, where
would you donate it?
What is your go-to outfit currently?
If you had a day completely to yourself what
would you do?
8.What is your favorite sweet treat?
Where did you grow up?
10. Heels or flats?