Happy Friday everyone! Today I am sharing one of my favorite winter time recipes with you. This easy turkey sausage and gnocchi soup is a breeze to make and can be done in less than 15 minutes! Plus, it’s on the light side so it will leave you filling full and satisfied without packing on those extra pounds. Serve with crusty bread and a good side salad and you have the perfect meal.
Back when my kids were little, my husband used to travel a lot. We are talking Monday through Thursday every week a lot. It was a crazy and busy part of our lives. We had one kid on straight up baby food and two that basically lived off of cut up fruit and frozen pancakes. Not kidding. After feeding the kids and cleaning up, making a separate meal for myself was just too exhausting. When this recipe was found it was an absolute God send. I could make the whole recipe on Monday and have it to eat for the next couple of days. Boom- Done!
I am happy to say that my husband is no longer a road warrior, and that those days of heating up frozen pancakes for dinner are over. We save those for the weekday mornings now. Again, not kidding. Thankfully, my kids are willing to try a lot more these days and they are actually fun to have in the kitchen with me.
So, like I said this recipe is super easy. If you can open a can of soup, you can make this recipe. I always try to keep the ingredients around just in case. For instance, the other day I made lasagna for the whole family and when I came back from running my daughter to gymnastics, my oldest son had eaten half the pan! Luckily I had the ingredients and whipped this up for my husband and I. So, here ya go, I hope you give it a try and enjoy. You can see other recipes of ours here.
Easy Turkey Sausage Gnocchi Soup
- 1 (4.5 oz) Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 oz.) package vacuum packed gnocchi
- 1 (14 oz.) low sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add 2 cups of water and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top of the pan.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with fresh Parmesan.
- Calories: 182 per serving size
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Ft 4 grams
- Sodium 809 mg.
Have a Fabulous Weekend!